Digital Marketing Manager
Opera Theatre’s Digital Marketing Manager is a critical member of Opera Theatre’s marketing team, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, and is responsible for managing the seasonal Digital Marketing Intern. The position serves both as the primary digital content creator and as the lead distribution manager for digital content. Responsibilities include:
Digital Content Creation
- Develop ideas, plans, and create content to execute a digital content calendar including, but not limited to, web updates, e-marketing, blog posts, social media, and video;
- Manage the development and distribution of all OTSL video content, serving as OTSL liaison with contract videographers as necessary;
- Maintain all content on the OTSL website to ensure relevance and accuracy.
Email Communication Management
- Manage Opera Theatre’s e-marketing campaigns, including segmenting and testing to generate increased engagement, developing prospect acquisition strategy, assessing email automation systems, and measuring success of email communications.
Digital Systems Management
- Develop and implement recommendations to improve the OTSL web experience according to analysis of current usage trends and industry best practices;
- Manage the integration of OTSL’s box office systems online, including web purchase path, mobile optimization, and conversion monitoring;
- Grow web visit rates and drive web conversion rates through retargeting, search engine optimization, automated e-marketing campaigns, and other digital technologies;
- Measure traffic, usage trends, and conversion rates, adjusting tactics as needed based on results.
- Develop and implement content and messaging strategies for OTSL’s social media presence – including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Monitor social media conversation about OTSL, OTSL artists, and the opera industry while reinforcing positive brand or sales messaging for OTSL;
- Manage communications through social media to increase online engagement and grow public sentiment.
Departmental Database Administrator
- Utilize the database to analyze audience purchase trends and recommend strategies;
- Support departmental strategies by developing applicable lists for individual campaigns;
- Identify opportunities to impact revenue via new and improved uses for the system;
- Serve as primary marketing liaison with all Tessitura-adjacent vendors;
- Help maintain the data integrity of Tessitura, OTSL’s CRM system, by accurately importing new patron lists and appending database records as needed.
- Negotiate with and contract company videographer, any database management vendors, and other businesses or individuals essential to the successful execution of the goals of the position;
- Track and manage applicable budget line items, ensuring total expenditures remain at or below projections.
- Bachelor’s Degree, communications or related degree preferred
- 3-5 years working with digital media and databases, preferably in entertainment, non-profit, or performing arts sectors
- Proficiency in constituent management and ticket sales database (preferably Tessitura)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and video editing software
- Ability to estimate and manage budgets
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Extraordinary attention to detail and consistent professional follow-through
- Ability to manage multiple competing timelines
- The ability to perform under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor
About Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization known for innovative productions featuring outstanding young artists. The company offers a festival opera season each spring which attracts ticket buyers from zip codes throughout the metropolitan area, as well as visitors from nearly 50 states and multiple countries. As of 2019, Opera Theatre of Saint Louis has presented 28 world premieres and 28 American premieres, which may be the highest percentage of new work in the repertory of any American company. In addition to the spring Festival Season, Opera Theatre operates year-round education and community programs serving nearly 17,000 local children and adults.
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis has a year-round artistic and administrative staff of 35, which increases to approximately 500 during the Festival Season. Several hundred volunteer members of the Opera Theatre Guild provide support for all aspects of Opera Theatre’s work and advocate for the company throughout the greater St. Louis community. The company’s annual budget size is approximately $10.8 million; contributed revenue represents more than 50% of budget.
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume along with a letter that describes their interest in Opera Theatre of Saint Louis and outlines experience and qualifications for the position.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Anh Le, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, 210 Hazel Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63119 (no calls, please)
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is committed to equal employment/engagement opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, gender, orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran or uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process.