Seasonal Box Office Representatives
Opera Theatre’s seasonal box office representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring a positive ticket purchasing experience to all of Opera Theatre’s patrons.
This is a temporary, part-time, hourly position for the months of April – June, reporting to the Associate Director for Audience Services.
- Providing world-class customer service to Opera Theatre patrons
- Answering incoming telephone and walk up sales
- Suggesting and encouraging all products sold through the box office
- Staffing the lobby Will Call booth as scheduled
- Serving as a resource to help patrons know what to expect when you come to the opera – i.e. what to wear, where to park, picnicking options, free lectures, and post-performance mingling with the singers at the main pavilion
- Providing a continuity of service to Opera Theatre’s patrons in the event the Associate Director of Audience Services or the Assistant Box Office Manager are unavailable
- Assisting the Assistant Box Office Manager with group sales efforts as requested
- Assisting with maintaining and updating the constituent database with NCOA reports
- Updating seasonal box office informational materials, including the Box Office Sales and Promo Code Manual
- Maintaining accurate and current records by filing regularly
- Assisting with the distribution of attendance reports for all front of house needs
- Ensuring NSCAN hardware is charged each day during the season
- Assisting with proof-reading marketing materials
- Assisting with the implementation of “surprise and delight” programs for ticket buyers
- Assisting the Associate Director for Audience Services and Assistant Box Office Manager with other special projects as assigned
- 1-3 years of box office or customer service experience
- Experience with a constituent management or ticket sales database a plus (OTSL works with Tessitura)
- Evening and weekend availability
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Superb customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Extraordinary attention to detail and consistent professional follow-through
- The ability to perform under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume along with a letter that describes their interest in Opera Theatre of Saint Louis and outlines experience and qualifications for the position.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Kara Koverman, Associate Director for Audience Services
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, 210 Hazel Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63119 (no calls, please)
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to being an equal employment/engagement opportunity workplace, and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristics, protected veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process