Publications Intern for Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Dates of Employment: January – April, 2013 (with optional opportunity to begin immediately)
Reports to: Public Relations and Publications Manager
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis’ Marketing and Public Relations Department seeks an intern with exceptional writing and organizational skills to assist with both editorial and sales aspects of the company’s publications. Responsibilities may include copy editing; research for publications such as the company’s program book and annual report; trafficking publication proofs; tracking advertising sales; follow up phone calls for advertising sales; and general clerical tasks such as filing and mailings.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Extraordinary attention to detail;
• Familiarity with the arts and the non-profit sector and an interest in opera;
• The ability to assimilate information quickly and work independently;
• Skill in managing projects with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets.
Hours and Compensation
Intern must be available for 10 hours of work weekly, for a total commitment of 15 weeks. Total stipend for internship is $1200.
Submit resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to:
Public Relations and Publications Manager
EOE. U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.