Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization known for innovative productions featuring outstanding young artists. The company offers a festival opera season each spring which attracts ticket buyers from zip codes throughout the metropolitan area, as well as visitors from more than 40 states and multiple countries. Opera Theatre operates year-round education and outreach programs serving more than 11,000 local children and 4,000 adults. The company’s annual budget size is approximately $9 million; contributed revenue represents more than 50% of operating income.
The Manager of Institutional Grants is an integral part of Opera Theatre’s development team and will:
- Develop written grant proposals for foundations, government agencies, and corporate donors to ensure OTSL meets its contributed revenue goals;
- Write and submit all reports to fulfill funding requirements;
- Identify, research, and cultivate new foundation and corporate prospects;
- Develop an annual calendar to ensure all grant applications and related reports are submitted on deadline;
- Assist department staff with fundraising events and other projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in grant writing or closely related fundraising work, including a demonstrated ability to craft project narratives and develop project budgets;
- A knowledge of local and national arts funding sources;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An interest in the performing arts;
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets;
- Experience with prospect research and donor database software a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Ambos Freber, Director of Development
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, 210 Hazel Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63119
Opera Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, and veteran or disability status.